Weighing 3.30 lbs., the Mr. Heater MH15T single tank-top heater can produce heat up to 15,000 BTUs. That means unlike other models such as the Mr. Heater F242655 MH30TS, this device can only warm up a (relatively) small radius.
In this Mr. Heater MH15T single tank top heater review, we give you a short, yet comprehensive report of what you need to know about this product. Is it any good? What are the issues reported by previous buyers? Read on to find out.
Quick Rundown of Features
Here’s a list of what you can expect from the Mr. Heater MH15T.
- This Mr. Heater tank top heater is rated to give out heat from 10,000 to 15,000 BTUs per hour. It’s ideal for small-sized areas.
- This is for outdoor use only. It’s ideal for construction sites, loading docks, camping activities, and camping trips.
- For safety, the company has equipped this heater with a tip-over switch.
- The Mr. Heater MH15T is considered a “radiant heater.” This means that it works by emitting infrared radiation that heats up whatever is in front of it. One advantage of radiant heaters is that they don’t consume a lot of power. Plus, they’re more quiet compared to other types such as convection or fan-forced heaters.
- This does not come with an automatic ignition system. You need a match to light it up.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
In summarized form, here’s what previous buyers have to say about this tank-top heater.
– Coverage Area. Since this heater can only radiate up to 15,000 BTUs per hour, it’s ideal for small areas. How small? It depends on the weather condition, but according to one person, it can heat up a 15 x 15 feet area comfortably.
Here are areas that previous buyers say this heater can effectively warm up: garage, workshop, entire 2nd floor of the house (with 3 rooms), a 6 x 5 feet deer blind, and a 17 x 18 feet breezeway.
– Uses. Aside from being a reliable heater for garages and camping trips, the Mr. Heater MH15T can also be used to warm up tractors, as one person has shared. This heater can take enough of the chill of a tractor’s engine in 10 minutes given a cold, 10-degree weather.
– Noise. As mentioned in the features section above, the Mr. Heater MH15T is expected to be quiet because it’s a radiant heater. Is it really? Yes, according to feedback.
– Other Comments. It’s simple to use. Although some people have had problems with ignition, this heater should be easy to light.
Bottomline: Mr. Heater MH15T Single Tank Top Heater Review
The Mr. Heater MH15T works as intended. It can even warm up a tractor’s engine so that you can ride one during the winter. But note that the heat output can reach up to 15,000 BTUs per hour. It means that this heating device is ideal for small areas. If you have a bigger area, then get one with a higher BTU output.