AmazonBasics has a growing catalogue of lawn equipment. One of the products is a Havana Bronze Patio Heater, a free-standing outdoor heater that promises to have a 46,000 BTU’s heat output. Competitively priced, this commercial heater is a gas patio heater that is about 8 feet tall when put together.
In this review, we help you analyze whether this outdoor heater is what you’re looking for.
Fast Facts About the AmazonBasics Havana Bronze Patio Heater
– It has a steel construction with a powder-coated bronze finish.
– This is made in China.
– It weighs 40 pounds.
– It has an auto shut off tilt valve for guaranteed safety in case this heater gets tipped over.
– Wheel assembly is included. Expect two wheels for easy mobility.
– Heat outpout: 46,000 BTU’s; heating range: 18 feet in diameter
– For stability, it has a base reservoir system. You can fill it with sand or water to make sure this outdoor heater has a steady base.
Summarized Consumer Feedback
– Heating Performance. In general, buyers say that this heater puts out enough heat. But the difference in their feedback is regarding the manufacturer’s claim that it can heat up to an 18-feet (diameter) area. While one says it does heat up to the promised diameter, others have not given a specific number. But then, it’s important to note that your unit’s actual heating range may depend on the following: whether the area is closed or not, whether it’s windy outside or not.
– Appearance. This heater has been advertised to be “havana bronze.” But to be specific, it has “some lighter copper toned speckles on it,” as one consumer has said. Plus, the round hood is silver. Overall, this heater looks “nice” and “expensive.”
– Assembly. The instructions and diagrams have been described as “well-written,” and the parts are well-labeled and have been pre-sorted. That said, it eliminates the need for you to match up the parts. As for assembly time, you may spend at least an hour to put things together.
– Ease of Use. Because of the electric ignition button, this heater has been described as “a cinch to light.”
– Size. It has a small footprint, so it’s easy to store or “snug up near a table or seating area,” as one consumer has said.
– Others. Some consumers complain about the protective plastic coating over the reflector, which can take time and effort to remove.
Overall, while the AmazonBasics Havana Bronze Commercial Patio Heater has very minimal issues, it is nice-looking, sturdy, and effective in producing satisfactory heat.