The Thermo Tiki Deluxe Pyramid-Style Heater (PH-650-BLK) is an alternative to mushroom-type floor-standing heaters — that is, if you’re looking for another style. It’s described as pyramid style. To others, the word is “pagoda-like.” However you describe it, it sure doesn’t look like, say, the Thermo Tiki floor-standing mushroom-style heater.
Fast Facts About the Thermo Tiki PH-650-BLK
As advertised, this patio heater is 7.5 feet in height. To get it running, you’ll need to invest in a propane tank. Note that the typical running time of a 20-lb tank is about 10 hours.
As for its features, they include the following: wheels for portability, ceramic-glass column, temperature control knob, protective mesh covers, and a pilot-light system.
Everyone’s main concern is the safety of this patio heater. To ease your concern, know that it has an anti-tip base and a built-in safety valve that shuts off the heater in case it is tilted or tipped.
What Do Consumers Say About Their Pyramid-Style Thermo Tiki Heater?
– Assembly. This pyramid-style heater arrives in a flat box with all the pieces inside. That said, it requires assembly. Set aside at least 30 minutes to put the pieces together.
– Control. The dancing flame can be controlled, so in effect, you can also control the warmth coming out of the heater.
– Appearance. It gives you a great ambiance especially on a dark evening, as one buyer has said. The dancing flame has contributed to this positive remark. Some adjectives that were used to describe this heater include “very cool looking when lit” and “looks great.”
– Heat Output and Performance. As advertised, this heater puts out 38,000 BTUs. Not only does it give out heat downward, but it also emits heat from the sides. As for consumer feedback, not everyone is satisfied with its performance. One estimates that if the outside temperature falls below 40 degrees, the heater won’t warm you up unless you stand or sit near it. To be fair, the product description says that the exact heat range is dependent on the ambient temperature.
Final Thoughts on the Thermo Tiki PH-650
The Thermo Tiki PH-650 has been given a high rating by Amazon customers. If you’re looking for a patio heater mainly for ambiance, you’ll find that this heater suits your needs, what with its beautiful dancing flame and pagoda-style shape. As for its heating performance, it appears that it has some limitations especially when the outside temperature falls below 40 degrees.
More Outdoor Heater Reviews
- Review of the ThermoTiki Floor-Standing Propane Patio Heater
- AZ Patio Heaters HLDSO-WGTHG Review
- Palm Springs Patio Heater Review (Hammered Bronze)
- Fire Sense Hammer Tone Bronze Patio Heater Review (Model 60485)
- Review: AmazonBasics Havana Bronze Commercial Patio Heater
- Lava Heat Italia Z2-HB Review (Tabletop Outdoor Heater)
- Fire Sense 60660 Hanging Halogen Patio Heater Review
- What is the Best Tabletop Patio Heater?